ഓര്‍മപ്പുസ്തകം

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Second thought

I have made so many comments - verbal and written - in the last one week over the Mumbai attack. Some of them were more out of heart and less from brain. I believe it is an unusual thing with me to tell an opinion without proper thinking. But when I look back this time, I understand I was provoked too much and too emotional also, but I do not disown any of those opinions of mine. I stand to what I said.

First allegation came against me for supporting a war. I never said that India should wage a war against Pakistan. I support India going for a war against terrorists, both inside and outside the country. Pakistan, if they are sincere to their words, will be our first ally in that war. On the other hand, If Pakistan is not joining us; we should get the international forces alongside us in the war against terrorism. I don’t support a war against the “democratic” nation called Pakistan and its majority people who want peace with us.

Some accused me of disowning a democratic rule and asking for a military rule. I said in an angry hour that “military rule may be better”, but I don’t want it. I know it is not the solution; rather it is a problem in itself.

Someone told I am running high on emotions when I pointed out the use of Form 49A as an instrument to bring in quality leadership. I believe we all deserve better leaders and asking for what you deserve is not a crime, even if you are a bit high on emotions.

Now, I think the issues are clarified.

On matters related to Mumbai attacks....

Politicians are blaming Pakistan, but I don’t understand why terrorists came in with ID cards etc so that they will be exposed. My understanding is that these terrorists aimed at defaming Pakistan and deteriorating the relationship between India and Pakistan to the extent of a war, if possible, so that more Pakistanis will turn anti-Indian, just out of their patriotism. This anti –Indian feel can then very easily be a fuel for the existence of these terrorist groups, if not growth. We should understand it and act accordingly so that the ultimate goal of nullifying terror is achieved.

On our attitude....

On the day when the NSG was fighting against terrorists at Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Mumbai, I had a bankers meet at Taj Residency hotel, Kochi. I went there expecting high security measures as it is their group hotel under attack at Mumbai. You will be surprised to know that I drove inside the compound without any security check at 1930 hours; I could drive till the porch where a guy in Grey Khaki uniform came forward, not to check, but to take the key from me so that he can move the car to the parking area which is so close to the hotel. I went inside without any security checks and took the lift to an upper floor where the conference hall is located. A register was kept unattended in front of the Conference hall, on which I wrote my name by myself and coolly walked into the hall. See the heights of neglect we still hold towards security issues. If I were a terrorist, I could have kept a bomb in my car and blew it after the security guy took it to the parking area. I could have gunned many people down at the lobby or the conference hall. And if at all I am killed by our police/NSG or if I manage to escape.... nobody will know of my whereabouts as am at the liberty of entering my details in the register at my will as I wish. In short, even after getting a big hit, we are still keeping all avenues open for the terrorists to easily come in and hit us more severely.

We have to change ourselves and the systems.
posted by Traveller at 6:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home